Kim Wong is the creator of Inside the Wong Mind which started as a way to read more books during her twenties and evolved into a way of supporting authors and their incredible stories. She grew up reading all the fun books including books about people who made an impact on the world. She hopes to make her own impact as she is studying to become a doctor (and is almost done!).
In her free time (what free time?), she enjoys de-stressing with a good book and maybe a cup of tea. She loves to crochet animal-style hats for all her friends’ babies, and she loves to play piano and sing. She loves to cook and watch all the current movies.
As a Christian, her faith is incredibly important to her and she hopes to continue to impact the nations in whatever way she can.
Would you rather…
- Watch, Star Wars, or Star Trek? Use whichever moves you find most relevant.
- Depends on which Star Trek. I prefer Star Trek Voyager or TNG, but I do love Star Wars and can’t wait for the next movie that’s coming out.
- Read on a Kindle or paperback book? This question is a starter for many possible conversations on reading, favorite books, technology, libraries, bookstores, and more.
- I prefer paperback but a Kindle book is so much more convenient to carry around a lot of books and it’s instant gratification when I want to read something new.
- Go to a play or musical?
- I ❤ musicals!
- Go to the theater or a movie?
- Live is not always better than film BUT I do prefer theater.
- Hike or bike?
- Neither? Haha. I guess hike? I’m a horrible bicyclist.
- Wear jeans or chinos?
- Have a Margarita or Pina Colada?
- Neither. I prefer Nojitos since I don’t drink.
- Crash with friends or stay in a hotel?
- Crashing with friends is so much more fun.
- Visit Europe or Mexico?
- Already been to Mexico and wouldn’t mind going back but I’ve never been to Europe so I definitely want to visit there too.
- Vacation in Hawaii or Alaska, and why?
- I love Hawaii because it’s laid back and relaxing and gorgeous. I would also love to visit Alaska and soak in it’s incredible landscapes and nature.
- Go skiing or snowshoeing?
- Since I’m not a great skier, I’d love to try snowshoeing.
- Travel by plane, train, or automobile?
- I like flying 😉
- Go climbing or zip lining?
- Go to a comedy club or dance club?
- Both 😉
- Have a night out or evening in?
- Both 😉
- Watch TV or read a book?
- Both 🙂
- Go canoeing or waterskiing?
- Canoeing sounds more fun. I really love whitewater rafting (that should have been an option).
- Camp in an RV or stay in a tent?
- Camp in an RV since I’ve already stayed in a tent.
- Use Facebook or Twitter?
- Facebook (but really Instagram)
- Choose a free trip or money?
- Either. Both have their pros and cons.
- Win the lottery or find your perfect job?
- Perfect job!
- Swim in a pool or the ocean? Salt water and waves crashing on the beach or temperature controlled, lovely water all year round.
- Swim in a pool. Not a big fan of sand getting everywhere, but that doesn’t mean I hate the beach.
- Travel by sailboat or cruise ship?
- I’ve only been on one cruise but I loved it and am trying to plan my next cruise soon.
- Watch sports or play sports?
- Not that I’m super athletic, but I would much rather play sports than just watch.
- Play dodgeball or kickball?
- Dodgeball 🙂
Here’s what some of my friends say about me:
Kimberly (a.k.a Kimber) is a pretty rad person. She’s super reliable, loyal, outgoing, SUPER DUPPPERR SMART, and is a kooky cutie pie!! She’s like a Vincent Van Gogh painting…from far away you think you know her but as you get closer, you realize there is a lot of uniqueness and complexity to Kimber and you fall more and more in love with her!!!! – Angela W.
Kim is uber-friendly and always up for a good time. She’s loyal, and she’s genuine in her desire to know you. She loves Jesus and leading worship as she rocks the keys! – Kimmi W.
Favorite Quotes To Live By
I want to paint the way a bird sings.Monet
I set myself on fire, and the people come to see me burn,John Wesley
If I find in myself desires which nothing in this world can satisfy, the only logical explanation is that I was made for another world.C.S. Lewis