Hello! I graduated from UC Davis in 2010 with a B.S. in biological sciences with an emphasis in neurobiology, physiology, and behavior. I plan on becoming a doctor eventually. I am a born-again Christian who loves Jesus with all my heart. He is the reason that I live and breathe.
Update edit 6/30/16: I recently obtained my Master of Science in Biomedical Sciences from Kansas City University.
Update edit 10/20/16: I got into medical school!!! I was recently accepted into the Class of 2022 at Kansas City University of Medicine and Biosciences in Kansas City, MO. God has been so faithful to me these past 5+ years. Never give up on your dreams!!!
Would you rather…
- Watch, Star Wars, or Star Trek? Use whichever moves you find most relevant.
- Depends on which Star Trek. I prefer Star Trek Voyager or TNG, but I do love Star Wars and can’t wait for the next movie that’s coming out.
- Read on a Kindle or paperback book? This question is a starter for many possible conversations on reading, favorite books, technology, libraries, bookstores, and more.
- I prefer paperback but a Kindle book is so much more convenient to carry around a lot of books and it’s instant gratification when I want to read something new.
- Go to a play or musical?
- I ❤ musicals!
- Go to the theater or a movie?
- Live is not always better than film BUT I do prefer theater.
- Hike or bike?
- Neither? Haha. I guess hike? I’m a horrible bicyclist.
- Wear jeans or chinos?
- Have a Margarita or Pina Colada?
- Neither. I prefer Nojitos since I don’t drink.
- Crash with friends or stay in a hotel?
- Crashing with friends is so much more fun.
- Visit Europe or Mexico?
- Already been to Mexico and wouldn’t mind going back but I’ve never been to Europe so I definitely want to visit there too.
- Vacation in Hawaii or Alaska, and why?
- I love Hawaii because it’s laid back and relaxing and gorgeous. I would also love to visit Alaska and soak in it’s incredible landscapes and nature.
- Go skiing or snowshoeing?
- Since I’m not a great skier, I’d love to try snowshoeing.
- Travel by plane, train, or automobile?
- I like flying 😉
- Go climbing or zip lining?
- Go to a comedy club or dance club?
- Both 😉
- Have a night out or evening in?
- Both 😉
- Watch TV or read a book?
- Both 🙂
- Go canoeing or waterskiing?
- Canoeing sounds more fun. I really love whitewater rafting (that should have been an option).
- Camp in an RV or stay in a tent?
- Camp in an RV since I’ve already stayed in a tent.
- Use Facebook or Twitter?
- Facebook (but really Instagram)
- Choose a free trip or money?
- Either. Both have their pros and cons.
- Win the lottery or find your perfect job?
- Perfect job!
- Swim in a pool or the ocean? Salt water and waves crashing on the beach or temperature controlled, lovely water all year round.
- Swim in a pool. Not a big fan of sand getting everywhere, but that doesn’t mean I hate the beach.
- Travel by sailboat or cruise ship?
- I’ve only been on one cruise but I loved it and am trying to plan my next cruise soon.
- Watch sports or play sports?
- Not that I’m super athletic, but I would much rather play sports than just watch.
- Play dodgeball or kickball?
- Dodgeball 🙂
Here’s what some of my friends say about me:
Kimberly (a.k.a Kimber) is a pretty rad person. She’s super reliable, loyal, outgoing, SUPER DUPPPERR SMART, and is a kooky cutie pie!! She’s like a Vincent Van Gogh painting…from far away you think you know her but as you get closer, you realize there is a lot of uniqueness and complexity to Kimber and you fall more and more in love with her!!!! – Angela W.
Kim is uber-friendly and always up for a good time. She’s loyal, and she’s genuine in her desire to know you. She loves Jesus and leading worship as she rocks the keys! – Kimmi W.
Favorite Quotes To Live By
I want to paint the way a bird sings.Monet
I set myself on fire, and the people come to see me burn,John Wesley
If I find in myself desires which nothing in this world can satisfy, the only logical explanation is that I was made for another world.C.S. Lewis